Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thing #13

I checked out Delicious and the other social networking sites. I think these would be great sites to use, particularly in the secondary schools when you want your students to find good information on whatever they are researching. You could already have tags ready and use them each year without having to do all the research again yourself. Then your students could locate what they wanted to from what you have already tagged. Hopefully, then they will explore on their own and find more things related to what they are researching. I can also see how this would be great for networking with other teachers or librarians and sharing information that you have found with your peers.

As a fourth grade teacher, I experimented with the tag "Texas" and found some good links. I could use this in a lesson on the ActivBoard and let my kids click on the tags they wanted to discover. For example, after typing in the tag Texas, I found links to Texas historical markers, Texas weather, and a Texas map. I will need to play around with Delicious a bit more to see where it will fit in with my fourth graders, so I will revisit this site when I am done with pro

No comments:

Post a Comment