Friday, July 2, 2010

Thing #23

Whew! What a journey! 23 things in 4 weeks - not real easy! Especially with 3 classes worth of work to do in those 4 weeks as well. Some of my favorite discoveries were photostory, flickr, teacher tube, and Web 2.0 Awards list. I feel I have grown in my technology skills. I didn't even know how to do a hyperlink before this experience and now I feel like an expert! Well, an expert on that one tiny little skill anyway!
This program has increased my confidence in using technology and that will in turn affect how I teach. It has helped me build skills I will need to have as a "Librarian 2.0" and what I will need to know to help my school.
I'm actually thinking about creating a blog for my classroom, which surprises me because I never would have considered it before all this practice with this one. Everything withing this 23 Things program was fairly easy to follow and learn - even for someone who is intimidated by technology like I am. The only thing I would have done differently is to have longer to explore, which was not possible with a 4 week course and 3 grad school classes worth of work. But, now I got a taste of the things out there and I know which ones I want to revisit and use in the future.
I guess to sum it all up, it was a great learning experience. It was also really great to practice some basic computer/blogging skills. I definitely feel better about my technology expertise now. Well "expertise" might be stretching it a bit...

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you enjoyed your taste of Web 2.0 tools! I see that you really liked PhotoStory. It is a great tool, and so much better than PowerPoint! Students like making their own projects as well. I have used it to have them produce a video to share knowledge as well as personnal stories. They play with the transitions and effects, I am sure juts like you did. Keep exploring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes completing this program in 4 weeks loaded with other responsibilities is a challenge, but it sounds like it was a worthy challenge!

    ReplyDelete