Friday, July 2, 2010

Thing #20

Ahhhh...finally...one "thing" I already know about! Youtube is one of my favorites on my computer at home. I often go there to find funny videos for stress relief and a quick laugh! Although, recently, I have actually used it to find educational videos and teacher how-tos. I typed in Hunger Games and got the trailer for the movie coming out about the book. Librarians can use movie trailers to promote books in the library. Of course, you would want to preview it first and it might be blocked in your district.
Teacher Tube is less familiar to me, but I had fun searching through it. I don't think it is blocked by my district and I plan to use it much more in the future. I found a short video on division that would be a great opener for when I begin to teach long division.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked your first sentence about knowing YouTube. I totally agree. I am definitely out of my comfort zone and am just plugging along, one instruction at a time.

    ReplyDelete