Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thing #15

Library 2.0 librarians plan for their users plans. They must make their libraries more accessible and interactive based on their patrons needs. I know from my own experiences that libraries have changed in the last 16 years since the last time I was in college. I used to have to go access the information I needed within the library walls. This time around I can sit in the comfort of my own home and find what I need via the web, which includes the information available to me through the UHCL library website.
This does not just apply to college courses. This needs to happen in elementary and secondary schools as well. I see the effects of Library 2.0 in my own elementary school library. My students have access to databases, websites the school subscribes to, and the collection catalog, all through the library web page. I realize how important it will be in my job as a future librarian to keep up with technology and find out better, more improved ways to meet my patrons needs.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you can see other uses from the WWW that your students can now include in their 2.0 toolbox...and you adults as well!

    ReplyDelete