Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Thing #12

Creating Community Through Commenting
After looking through the suggested sites for blogging/commenting, I found the Cool Cat Teacher Blog to be the most helpful to me. For one, it seemed to be written in a more simple way, which I need when it comes to technology. Another reason I like it was because it had tips for how to apply your new skills to teaching.
The first point I really liked was to make sure you are typing meaningful comments. Educational blogs aren't exactly facebook pages and probably need more thought put into commenting. Your comments should show the blog author that you hear them.
Another point on the Cool Cat Teacher blog that I liked was that you should actually teach commenting to your students. They need to know the etiquette and tips on commenting since they are also trying to navigate through this 21st century technology stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment