Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Thing #8

RSS feeds and readers make it very simple to combine all of your favorite information into one place. Instead of having to search all over the internet to go to your favorite sites for news and blogs, all of that information can be located within one reader. I chose to set up a Google Reader account. It is so much easier to simply go there, rather than scroll down my favorites list to find things. My favorites tab was getting really long! I have been able to clean that up and get some of the news sites and blog sites off of there and put them on my reader for easier access. I have always seen notes at the bottom of blogs, saying "subscribe to this blog," and I did not know what that meant. Using the Google Reader will be very beneficial.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, RSS feeders definitely make keeping up with blogs and news sources a lot easier! I actually found an RSS app for the iTouch/iPhone that is quite handy! I find myself checking that more often than using the computer link to my Google Reader (which is still in my favorites, btw)!

    ReplyDelete