Monday, June 21, 2010

Thing #6


I have been playing around with the mashups and 3rd party sites for a few days now. This will definitely be something that I will need to practice more! This afternoon, I have been looking at the mosaics website and trying to create something through that one. I will probably go back to school in the fall and ask our fabulous computer lab teacher all about these sites and if he knows any tricks to making it easier for the students to use. The mosaic maker would be a great thing for the kids to create supporting something in the curriculum or just on their own using Flickr photos they like.

3 comments:

  1. I'm interested in what you mean about tricks to make using easier. Easier as in getting the website open or easier way for the kids to to get logged in...please share. I'm just curious what stumbling blocks you might have.

    P.S. I'm sharing this with my 4th grade teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't the mash-ups addicting? I can see where playing with all of these tools can make someone obsessive. I know students will really like these. It allows them to be creative without having to be real artists. Like the Texas mosaic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your mosaic of all things Texas! I think this tool would be great to use for reports on states. Think of all of the cool mosaics students could create of their state!

    ReplyDelete